I don’t know about you, but cold winter days leave me longing for warm soups and stews. One of my family’s favorites is an easy, quick and hearty veggie soup!
Becky’s Hearty Veggie Soup
This can be prepared stovetop (in a large pot) or in the crockpot! Whichever you are cooking in, just remember that it only needs to heat thoroughly and it’s ready to eat…it’s not “cooking” per say.
Add the following (juice and all) to either your pot or crockpot over medium heat:
- Large can (28-30 oz) of tomato sauce
- Medium can (15-18 oz) petite diced tomatoes plus a can of water
- Large can (29 oz) of Homestyle Veg-All veggies
- Large can (29 oz) of regular Veg-All veggies
- Medium can (11-15 oz) whole kernel corn
- Small can (8-10 oz) peas and carrots
- Salt and pepper to your liking
In a skillet brown one pound of lean ground beef sprinkled with a little minced onion and salt. Drain and add to other ingredients. Stir occasionally as it’s heating to a boil. That’s it!
This is even better the next day. However, you may need to add a little water if it’s too thick, which sometimes happens when it “settles” sitting in the refrigerator overnight.
Some folks love this veggie soup with saltines and some prefer cornbread. What’s your favorite way to eat it?
Want more soups, stews and crockpot recipes? Visit Pinterest for soups or crockpot recipes! Also, check out my post on Pretty Pancakes! They are awesome for a weekend breakfast or the perfect little dinner.